|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» thermal conductivity of metal rod apparatus|
The experimental set up consists of metal bar, one end of which is heated by an electric heater while the other end of the bar projects inside the cooling water jacket. A cylindrical shell filled with insulating material surrounds the middle portion of the bar. The temperature of the bar is measured at different sections. Heat Input to the heater is given through variac. By varying the heat input rates, data can be obtained. Water at constant rate is circulated through the jacket and its flow rate and temperature rise is noted.
· To plot the temperature distribution along the length of Bar.
· To determine the thermal conductivity of given bar at various temperatures.
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Floor drain.
· Water supply: 2 LPM at 1 bar.
· Metal bar
Material : copper
Length : 400mm(approx.)
Diameter : 25mm
· Insulating shell
· Length : 250mm(approx.)
· Diameter : 200mm
· Cooling water jacket
· Length : 75mm(approx.)
· Diameter : 50mm
· Heater : nichrome wire.
· Water flow measurement : by measuring cylinder & stop watch.
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp
· Variac : 0-230 v , 2 amp.
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199° C, with multichannel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type – 8 nos.
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 2 Amp.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained "Thermal Conductivity Of metal rod " Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.