|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» thermal conductivity of liquid apparatus|
The apparatus is designed to determine thermal conductivity of different liquids. The apparatus consists of a heater. The heater heats a thin layer of liquid. A cooling plate removes heat through liquid layer, ensuring unidirectional heat flow. Temperature is measured across the liquid layer and complete assembly is properly insulated. A proper arrangement for changing the liquids is provided. The whole assembly is kept in a chamber.
· Determination of thermal conductivity of liquid.
· Study of variation of thermal conductivity of liquid with temperature.
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Floor drain.
· Water supply: 2 lt/min.(approx.)
· Liquid Chamber: Dia 160 mm (approx).
· Heater: Dia 100 mm, sandwiched between copper plates.
· Insulation: Ceramic Wool
· Cooling chamber: Made of Aluminum for water circulation.
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp
· Variac : 0-230 v , 2 amp. ( 2 nos.)
· PID controller : 0-199° C
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199° C, with multichannel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type –
· Variac: 0-230 V, 2 Amp
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 2 Amp.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained "Thermal Conductivity Of LIQUID " Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.