|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» thermal conductivity of insulating slab apparatus|
The set-up is designed to determine thermal conductivity of insulating materials in the form of slab. The apparatus consists of main central heater and ring guard heater, sandwiched between the specimens. Cooling plates are provided on either side of the specimen. Two identical specimens are clamped between heater that ensures unidirectional heat flow through specimen. The whole assembly is kept in chamber and insulated by ceramic wool insulation around the set-up
· Determination of thermal conductivity of the insulating material in the form of a slab.
· Study of variation of thermal conductivity of the material with temperature.
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Floor drain.
· Water supply: 2 lt/min.(approx.)
· Specimen : diameter 180 mm( approx. ) , thickness 12 mm ( approx.).
· Central heater : dia 100mm , sandwiched between copper plates.
· Ring guard heater : width 35 mm, sandwiched between copper rings.
· Cooling chamber : made of aluminum for water circulation
· Insulation : ceramic wool
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp
· Variac : 0-230 v , 2 amp. ( 2 nos.)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199° C, with multichannel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type – 6 nos.
· Variac: 0-230 V, 2 Amp
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 2 Amp.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained "Thermal Conductivity Of Insulating slab" Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.