|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» thermal conductivity of insulating power apparatus|
This apparatus is designed to determine the thermal conductivity of insulating powder. The apparatus consists of two thin walled concentric copper spheres. Inner sphere houses Nichrome Wire heater. Insulating powder is filled between the two spheres. Heat flows radially outwards. Temperature sensors at proper positions are fitted to measure surface temperatures of spheres. Heat input to the heater is given through a variac and measured by Digital Voltmeter & Digital Ammeter. By varying the heat input rates, data can be obtained.
· Determination of thermal conductivity of insulating powder
· Comparison of thermal Conductivity of insulating powder at different temperatures.
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Inner sphere : dia. – 100mm
· Outer sphere : dia.- 200 mm
· Heater : nichrome wire.
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199° C, with multichannel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
· Variac: 0-230 V, 2 Amp
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 2 Amp.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained "Thermal Conductivity Of Insulating Powder" Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.