|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Stefan Boltzmann's Apparatus|
The apparatus is designed to determine the Stefan Boltzmann constant. The apparatus consists of a hemisphere fixed to a Bakelite plate, the outer surface of which forms the jacket to heat it. Hot water to heat the hemisphere is obtained form a hot water tank, which is fixed above the hemisphere. The copper test disc is introduced at the center of hemisphere. The temperatures of hemisphere and test disc are measured with the help of temperature sensors.
· Determination of Stefan Boltzmann constant and study the effect of hemisphere temperature on it.
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Hemisphere Dia : 200 mm (approx.) made of Copper
· Jacket Dia : 250 mm (approx.) made of Stainless Steel
· Test Disc Size : 20 mm Dia. x 1.5-mm thickness made of Copper
· Water Tank : Stainless steel 12 Ltrs. cap
· Heater : Nichrome wire immersion heater
· Digital Temp. Controller : 0-199.9°C, (For Hot Water Tank)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel Switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained "Stefan Boltzmann’s " Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.