|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» specific heat to air apparatus|
consists of a centrifugal blower which delivers the required quantity of air. The air passing through the pipe is heated by an electrical heater. The temperatures of air entering and leaving heating section are measured by thermocouples. By knowing heater input and mass flow of air, (which is measured with the help of an orifice and water manometer) specific heat of air at constant pressure can be calculated. The test section is well insulated to minimize the heat losses. Silica get is provided at blower delivery to reduce the effect of moisture content in air. In order to determine the specific heat of air at different temperatures air quantity and heater input can be varied.
· To calculate specific heat of air.
The experiments can be conducted at various values of input & calculation can be made accordingly.
Required for Operation:
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Floor area of 1.2 m x 0.5 m.
· Blower : FHP of standard make
· Heater : nichrome wire.
· Air flow measurement : orifice meter & manometer.
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp
· Variac: 0-230 V, 2 Amp
· Digital Tem.Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " specific heat to air " Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.