|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Single effect evaporator apparatus|
Evaporation deals with the concentration of a non-volatile solute from a solution by the removal of required amount of volatile solvent. Usually the solvent is water. By vaporizing a part of the solvent, useful product i.e. The concentrated solution or thick is produced and the vapour is discarded. Long tube evaporators are usually used for the concentration of foamy liquids. The set-up consists of stainless steel tubes surrounded by a stainless steel jacket and fitted with accumulator. Dilute solution is feed to tubes. Steam from a steam generator is supplied to shell to concentrate the dilute feed solution to a desired level. The jacket is fitted with a steam trap and the condensate is collected at the end of trap. The vapours of volatile solvent are condensed in a shell & tube type condenser and the balance non-volatile solute collected in the accumulator is recycled through the evaporator.
To concentrate a solution and to evaluate the following at steady state:-
· Material and heat balance
· Economy and the capacity of the evaporator
· Overall heat transfer co-efficient
Required for Operation:
· Water supply and floor drain.
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 4 kW.
· Chemicals : sodium carbonate & distilled water
· Evaporator : Material: Stainless Steel
Shell Diameter: 70mm , Length: 500mm
Tubes Inner Diameter: 9.5mm , OD 12.7 mm , length 500mm
· Feed Circulation: By Gravity Feed
· Steam Generator: Made Of Stainless Steel Provided with Pressure Gauge & Level Indicator, Safety Valve and Drain Etc & Insulated with Ceramic Wool and Cladding with Aluminium Foil,
· Feed Tank Material: Stainless Steel
· Feed Tank Capacity: 25 Ltrs
· Flow Measurement: Rotameters (One each for Feed & Cold Water)
· Piping material: Stainless Steel And Pvc, Size ¼”
· Heaters: Nichrome Wire Heater
· Pump Capacity: Fhp
· Condenser: Shell & Tube Type Made Of Stainless Steel
· Bottom Product Tank: Made Of Stainless Steel, Capacity 10 Ltrs
· Water Supply Tank: Made Of Stainless Steel, Capacity 50 Ltrs For Condenser
· The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
· PID Controller: 0-199.9°C, (For steam generator)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " single effect evaporator " Apparatus
· 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.