|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Plate type heat exchange apparatus|
Plate type heat exchanger consists of frame in which independent metal plates are clamped between a head and follower. The plates are sealed at their outer edges and around the ports by gaskets, which are so arranged that the liquid and the heating/cooling media are directed alternately into passages formed between the plates. The hot fluid enters at the top on the right side of the fixed end cover and flows downwards through alternate channels between the plates. The Hot fluid leaves the exchanger through a connection at the bottom of the fixed end cover. The cold fluid enters at the bottom of the left side of the fixed end cover. The cold fluid flows in counter current flow through alternate channels between the plates and leaves the exchanger at the top on the left side of the fixed end cover.
· To calculate the LMTD
· To calculate the Heat transfer rate
· To calculate the Overall Heat Transfer Co-efficient
Required for Operation:
· Water supply 20 lit/min (approx.) and floor drain.
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 4 kW.
· Floor area of 1.5 m x 0.75 m.
· System: Water to Water
· Water Flow Measurement: By Rotameter (2Nos.) One each for cold & hot fluid.
· Frame: Rigid MS / SS-304 Structure
· Plates Material: Stainless Steel
· Hot Water Circulation: Magnetic Pump
· Hot Water Tank: Made of Stainless steel, Double Wall, Insulated with ceramic wool.
· Heaters: Nichrome wire heater.
· The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
· Digital Temp. Controller: 0-199.9°C, (For Hot Water Tank)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " Plate Type Heat Exchange" Apparatus
· 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.