|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Parallel flow / counter flow heat exchanger apparatus|
Heat Exchanger Is A Device In Which Heat Is Transferred From One Fluid To Another. The Apparatus Consists Of A Concentric Tube Heat Exchanger. Hot Water Flows through Inner Tube In One Direction Only And Cold Water Flows Through The Outer Tubes. Direction Of Cold Fluid Flow Can Be Changed From Parallel Or Counter To Hot Water So That Unit Can Be Operated As Parallel Or Counter Flow Heat Exchanger. Flow Rates Of Hot And Cold Water Are Measured Using Rota Meters. A Magnetic Drive Pump Is Used To Circulate The Hot Water From A Re-Cycled Type Water Tank, Which Is Fitted With Heaters And Digital Temperature Controller.
· To Compare The Performance Of Parallel And Counter Flow Heat Exchanger
· To calculate the overall heat transfer o-efficient.
· To calculate the LMTD.
· To calculate the rate of heat transfer.
· Water Supply 10 Lit/Min (Approx ) And Drain
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V Ac, 32amp MCB with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts )
· Floor Area 2 M X 0 6m
· System : water to water , concentric tube type
· Heat exchanger : length 1.5m ( approx.) insulated with ceramic wool and cladded by aluminum foil.
· Outer tube : material mild steel. ID 27.5 mm, OD 33.8 mm(approx.)
· Inner tube : material stainless steel, ID 9.5mm, OD 12.7mm (approx.)
· Water flow measurement: Rota meter ( 2 nos.) one each for cold & hot fluid.
· Hot water tank : made of stainless steel ( insulated with ceramic fiber wool)
· Hot water circulation: magnetic pump.
· Heaters : nichrome wire heater ( 2 nos.)
· Digital Temp Controller: 0-199.9°c, (for Water Bath)
· Digital Temp Indicator: 0-199.9°c,
· Temperature Sensors: Rtd Pt-100 Type
· Standard Make On/off Switch, Mains Indicator Etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained "Parallel flow / counter flow heat exchanger ” Apparatus
· 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.