|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Open pan evaporator apparatus|
The Pan Evaporator set-up is designed to study the fundamentals of evaporation process. The set-up consists of a jacketed pan evaporator made of stainless steel and an electrically heated steam generator of suitable capacity. To evaporate the solution in pan, steam is allowed to enter in the jacket using a control valve. Condensate is collected from steam trap for energy measurement. Tilting is done by a worm gear arrangement to empty the pan.
· To determine the overall heat transfer co-efficient under unsteady state conditions at different temperatures
· To determine the heat transfer co-efficient at the boiling point
Required for Operation:
· Water supply 2 lit/min (approx.) and floor drain.
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 4 kW.
· Chemicals : sodium carbonate & distilled water
Steel Insulated from Outside. Dia.:300 mm Approx
Indicator, Safety Valve and Drain etc. & Insulated with Ceramic Wool and Cladding with Aluminum Foil.
· PID Controller: 0-199.9°C, (For steam generator)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " open pan evaporator " Apparatus
· 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.