|Home||» Products||» Theory of Machine Lab Equipment||» Michel tilting pad bearing apparatus|
SSITOM-009 MICHELL TILTING PADS BEARING APPARATUS.
SAINI SCIENCE INDUSTRIES MANUFACTURE OF MICHELL TILTING PAD BEARING APPARATUS.
The apparatus consists of a pad, which can be tilted to the required angle. An endless belt, which moves beneath the pad, carries the oil over its surface from oil bath. When the pad is tilted over the oil film, pressure is developed, the pad is provided with pressure tapings parallel and perpendicular to belt direction. The pressure distribution is measured over a multi tube manometer. The belt is driven by a variable speed motor. The tilting angle and minimum gap between pad and belt can be adjusted and characteristics thus can be studied at various gaps, inclination and relative surface speeds.
· Demonstration of pressure development.
· Plotting pressure variation curve in longitudinal transverse direction of a pad for various speeds and pad inclination.
· Demonstration of cavitations phenomenon
Required for Operation:
· Electricity Supply: 230 V AC, Single Phase, 0.5 kW.
· Floor space: 1m x 1.5 m (approx).
· SAE-40 oil for carrying the test (approx 3 Ltrs.)
· Tilting pad: Trapezoidal shape, with highly polished surface pressure tapings.
· Belt: Endless belt running over wide pulleys, immersed in oil bath.
· Motor: Variable speed Motor ½ HP, 1500 RPM.
· Manometer : 15 Tube manometer arrangement for measurement of indication and gap
· The whole set-up is ingeniously designed and schematically arranged on a powder-coated rigid structure
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
· Speed Control Unit.
Scope of Delivery:
1 Self-contained “MICHELL TILTING PAD BEARING”Apparatus
1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.