|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Helical coil heat exchanger apparatus|
The apparatus consists of fabricated shell, inside which coil tubes on outer side are fitted. The present set up is a heat exchanger, with cold water flows through shell. Valves are provided to control the flow rates of hot and cold water. Flow rates of hot and cold water are measured using Rotameters. A magnetic drive pump is used to circulate the hot water from a re-cycled type water tank, which is fitted with heaters and Digital Temperature Controller
· To calculate the LMTD
· To calculate the Heat transfer rate
· To calculate the Overall Heat Transfer Co-efficient
Required for Operation:
· Water supply 20 lit/min (approx.) and floor drain.
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 4 kW.
· Floor area of 1.5 m x 0.75 m.
· System : Water to Water
· Shell : material stainless steel insulated with ceramic wool and cladded with aluminum foil. Dia. 220 mm, length 500mm(approx.)
· Tube : ID 13mm, OD 16 mm, coil type
· Water flow measurement : rota-meters (2 nos.)One of each cold & hot fluid.
· Hot water tank : made of stainless steel insulated with ceramic fiber wool.
· Hot water circulation : magnetic pump
· Heaters : nichrome wire heater (2 nos.)
· Digital Temp. Controller: 0-199.9°C, (For Hot Water Tank)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " helical coil Type Heat Exchanger" Apparatus
· 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.