|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Heat Transfer Through Lagged Pipe Apparatus|
The setup is designed and fabricated to study lagging phenomenon in case of pipes. It consists of three concentric pipes of small thickness as compared to diameter and are arranged concentrically, and closed with the help of two discs. Two different insulating materials fill the annuli between the cylinders. Temperature Sensors are fitted to measure the temperature of pipe walls for radial outward heat flow measurement. Inside the inner pipe, a Nichrome wire heater is placed axially. A PID Controller is provided for controlling the heat input. Electronic energymeter will be provided to measure the heat input.
· To estimate the actual rate of heat transfer through the composite cylinders from the measured interface temperature of the two insulating materials with known thermal conductivities.
· To determine the effective thermal conductivity of the composite cylinder.
· To compare the theoretical temperature profile within the composite cylinders, with that of observed profile
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· G.I. Pipe Inner: 5 cm Dia. Approx
· G.I. pipe middle:10 cm Dia. Approx
· G.I. Pipe outer: 15 cm Dia. Approx
· Length of Pipes: 60 cm Approx
· Heater: Nichrome Wire Heater
· PID Controller : 0-199.9°C,
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel Switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt.
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " Heat transfer through lagged pipe " Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.