|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» heat transfer through composite wall apparatus|
The setup consists of a heater sandwiched between two sets of slabs. Three types of slabs are provided on either sides of heater, which forms a composite structure. A small hand press frame is provided to ensure the perfect contact between the slabs. A PID Controller is provided for controlling the heat input. Electronic energy meter will be provided to measure the heat input. Heat produced by heater flows axially on both the sides. Temperature Sensors are embedded at the interfaces of slabs to determine the temperature gradient. The experiment can be conducted at various values of heat input and calculation can be made accordingly.
· To determine total thermal resistance and thermal conductivity of composite wall.
· To plot temperature gradient along the composite wall.
Required for Operation:
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 2 Amp.
· Table for set-up support.
· Slab assembly arranged symmetrically on both sides of heater.
Slab material : slab size
Cast iron : 250 mm dia. & 20 mm thick
Bakelite : 250 mm dia. & 15 mm thick
Press wood : 250 mm dia. & 12 mm thick
· Heater : nichrome wire.
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volts.
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp.
· Variac: 0-230 V, 2Amp.
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.90 C, with multichannel switch
· Temp Sensors: RTD PT-100 type.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained "Heat Transfer Through Composite Wall" Apparatus
· 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc..