|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» heat transfer in natural convection apparatus|
The setup consists of a brass tube fitted in a rectangular duct in a vertical position. The duct is open at the top and bottom, and forms an enclosure that serves the purpose of undisturbed surrounding. One side of the duct is fitted with a transparent acrylic window for visualization. An electric heating element is kept in the vertical tube that in turns heats the tube surface. The heat is lost from the tube to the surrounding air by natural convection. The temperature of the vertical tube is measure by temperature sensors and displayed by a Digital Temperature Indicator with multi-channel switch. A PID Controller is provided for controlling the heat input. Electronic energymeter will be provided to measure the heat input. The tube surface is polished to minimize the radiation losses.
· To determine average heat transfer coefficient under natural convection
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 2 amp
· Test section :
Diameter: 38 mm (approx)
Length: 500 mm (approx)
· Powder coated duct of MS to accommodate the assembly with front window of Acrylic
· Heater: Nichrome Wire
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp
· Variac: 0-230 V, 2 Amp
· Digital Temp.Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· PID Controller : 0-199.9°C
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " Heat transfer in natural convection " Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.