|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» heat transfer in forced convection apparatus|
The apparatus consists of blower unit fitted with the test pipe. Nichrome wire heater surrounds the test section. Four Temperature Sensors are embedded on the test section, two placed in the air stream at the entrance and exit of the test section to measure the inlet and outlet air temperature. Test pipe is connected to the delivery side of the blower along with the orifice to measure flow of air through the pipe. Constant heat flux is given to pipe by an electric heater through a variac and measured by Digital Voltmeter and Digital Ammeter.
· To determine average surface heat transfer coefficient for a pipe by forced convection.
· Comparison of heat transfer coefficient for different airflow rates and heat flow rates.
· To plot surface temperature distribution along the length of pipe.
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Floor area of 1.2 m x 0.5 m.
Length : 400 mm (approx.)
Diameter : 28 mm (approx.)
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amp
· Variac: 0-230 V, 2 Amp
· Digital Tem.Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " Heat Transfer in forced convection" Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.