|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» heat transfer from a pin fin apparatus|
The setup is designed to study the heat transfer in a pin fin. It consists of pin type fin fitted in a duct. A fan is provided on one side of duct to conduct experiments under forced draft conditions. Air flow rates can be varied. A heater heats one end of fin and heat flows to another end. Heat input to the heater is given through variac. Digital voltmeter and digital ammeter are provided for heat measurement. Digital Temperature Indicator measures temperature distribution along the fin.
· To study temperature distribution along the length of fin in both Free & forced convection.
· Comparison of theoretical temperature distribution with that of experimentally obtained distribution.
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Fin : pin type
· Material : aluminum
· Size : Dia.20mm (approx) , length 170 mm (approx).
· Duct : made of MS.
· Fan : standard make.
· Heaters : Nichrome Wire Band Type
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel Switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
· Dimmerstat : 0-230V,2Amp.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " Heat pipe demonstrator " Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.