|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» emissivity measurment apparatus.|
The present Set-up is designed to measure the emissivity of test plate. The test plate comprises of a mica heater sandwiched between two circular plates. Black plate is identical with test plate, but its surface is blackened. As all the physical properties, dimension and temperature are equal; heat losses from both plates will be same except radiation loss. Hence the input difference will be due to difference in emissivity. Both plates are supported on individual brackets in a enclosure with one side transparent to ensure steady atmospheric conditions. Temperature Sensors are provided to measure the temperature of each plate and surrounding. Electric Supply is given to heaters through separate variacs and is measured with Digital Voltmeter and Digital Ammeter.
· Determination of the Emissivity of a test plate.
· Study the variation of emissivity of test plate with absolute temperature.
Required for Operation:
· Table for set-up support
· Electrically supply: 1 phase , 220V AC , 50 Hz , 5-15 amp combined socket with earth connection ( earth voltage should be less than 5 volts)
· Test plate diameter : 160mm (approx.)
· Black plate dia. : 160mm(approx)
· Heater : nichrome wire. ( one each for test plate & black plate)
· DPDT Selector switches: For Digital Voltmeter & Digital Ammeter
· Variacs; 0- 230 V, 2 Amp, (2 Nos.)(One each for test plate and black plate)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel Switch
· Digital Voltmeter: 0-300 Volt
· Digital Ammeter: 0-2 Amps
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained "emissivity measurement " Apparatus
· 2 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.