|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Dropwise & filmwise condensation apparatus|
This setup is designed for determining heat transfer co-efficient of two types of condensation and for visualization of these processes. It consists of a vertical frame. Condensation tubes are fitted inside compact glass cylinder. Steam generator is fitted at the backside of the cylinder. Steam comes directly from generator to the cylinder. Two valves are fitted to control flow rate of water in individual tubes. Digital Temperature Indicator monitors the temperatures. Pressure gauge and Rotameter can observe steam pressure and cold water flow rates respectively. A Digital temperature Controller is provided for controlling the temperature of Steam. Water level indicator is provided in steam generator. Condensate is measured by a measuring cylinder.
· To determine overall heat transfer co-efficient for film wise & drop wise condensation of steam on a vertical surface.
· Visualization of condensation process in drop wise as well as film wise condition.
Required for Operation:
· Water supply 2 lit/min (approx.) and floor drain.
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 1.5 kW.
· Floor area of 1.5 m x 0.75 m.
· Copper tubes : 2 nos., one with natural finish and the other nickel polished.
ID 16 mm, OD 19 mm(approx.)
Length 175 mm (approx.)
· Condensate measurement : measuring cylinder & stopwatch
· Water flow measurement : rota-meters.
· Steam generator : 8Ltrs. ( approx) made of stainless steel with 1.5 kW heater
Insulated with ceramic wool and cladded by aluminum foil.
· Control valves : one of each for steam , cooling water & drain
· Pressure gauge : bourdon type.
· PID Controller: 0-199.9°C, (For steam generator)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " Dropwise & filmwise condensation " Apparatus
· 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.