|Home||» Products||» Heat Transfer Lab Equipments||» Cross flow heat exhanger apparatus|
The apparatus consists of fabricated SS shell, inside which SS tubes are fitted. Hot water passes to one end through the tubes and exit to another end. The cold water is admitted at the one end of shell, which passes over the hot-water tubes. The tubes are arranged in the shell so that the flow of cold and hot fluid crosses each other to make it cross flow. Valves are provided to control the flow rates of hot and cold water. Flow rates of hot and cold water are measured using Rotameters. A magnetic drive pump is used to circulate the hot water from a re-cycled type water tank, which is fitted with heaters and Digital Temperature Controller. Cold water is to be supplied by laboratory overhead tank by end use.
· To calculate the LMTD
· To calculate the Heat transfer rate
· To calculate the Overall Heat Transfer Co-efficient
Required for Operation:
· Water supply 20 lit/min (approx.) and floor drain.
· Electricity Supply: 1 Phase, 220 V AC, 4 kW.
· Floor area of 1.5 m x 0.75 m.
· System : Water to Water
· Shell : material stainless steel
· Tube : ID 9.5mm, OD 12.7 mm, length 250 mm ( approx)
· Water flow measurement : rota-meters (2 nos.)One of each cold & hot fluid.
· Hot water tank : made of stainless steel insulated with ceramic fiber wool.
· Hot water circulation : magnetic pump made of polypropylene to circulate hot water maximum working temperature is 850C.
· Heaters : 2 kW nichrome wire heater
· Digital Temp. Controller: 0-199.9°C, (For Hot Water Tank)
· Digital Temp. Indicator: 0-199.9°C, with multi-channel switch
· Temperature Sensors: RTD PT-100 type.
· Standard make On/Off switch, Mains Indicator etc.
Scope of Delivery:
· 1 Self Contained " Cross Type Heat Exchange" Apparatus
· 1 Instruction Manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc.